I’ve been looking at a UFO and it has 1/2 triangles in it. Don’t you hate it when you are trying to mark in the diagonals and the fabric is all squishy? Let me show you how I solved this problem!
What you need:
An old cork placemat
A sheet of nice paper (mine is a quilting design)
A sheet of fine glass paper
Let’s make it!
1. Rough up the surface of the place-mat a little
2. Take the paper and trace around the place-mat. Cut it out and glue to the place-mat. Allow it to dry.
3. Take a sheet of fine glasspaper, cut a circle about 2″ smaller in diameter than your place-mat (so you can see some of your pretty paper), and glue it, centred, on top of the paper.
4. Allow it to dry and then enjoy working on your 1/2 triangles without the fabric slipping!
5. Oh – just don’t forget to remove it before cutting!!
Until next time
Great idea, thanks for sharing it.
Thanks Maggie and you are most welcome! 🙂
Pam @Threading My Way says
Thanks for adding your projects to Threading My Way. I look forward to seeing more of your creativity…
Thank you Pam! 🙂
Hi, that is a great idea wish I had thought of it though. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hi Crafter1953 and thank you! You are most welcome – I hope you still make one anyway and enjoy using it! 🙂
Roslyn@Sew Delicious says
Brilliant! I hate how my fabric moves when I mark it so this is great 🙂
Thanks Ros – it is really handy and looks nice when you aren’t using it! 🙂