Hi! I haven’t been around much of late but I will tell you about that another time. Today I am sharing a wonderful surprise that I received a couple of days ago – it is called a ‘Sunshine Award’
The Sunshine Award is a ‘blogger to blogger’ award and is
awarded to bloggers who “positively & creatively inspire
others in the blogosphere”.
Wow! This Nanny was very excited – I didn’t even know these awards existed and to be considered worthy just blew me away.
I was nominated by another Aussie blogger that you have seen me mention before – Pam from Threading My Way. Now Pam not only has a fantastic blog, but just happens to be a wonderful, supportive blogger who is just sooo generous with her knowledge and so patient when explaining things to ‘newbies’ like me.
Thank you Pam, not just for the nomination, but for being you!!
Now of course this is a serious business and there are ‘rules’ to accepting this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the award image in your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other blogs and let them know about their nominations.
The first two, I have covered but now to think of 7 things about me that I could share…….
- I grew up in a small Australian village with both lots of Grandparents living within easy walking distance. Is it any wonder I love having family around!!!
- I went crayfishing as a child with a piece of string tied to a piece of meat.
- As a child I wished I had a horse and that I could play piano. Funny how watercolour painting and sewing were not on that list!!
- I went to Sydney when I left school to be a nurse at the Mater Hospital in Crows Nest.
- A scholarship for teacher training saw me leave nursing and become a teacher – a career that I loved but that was unfortunately cut short following a motor vehicle accident.
- I have been married to my best friend for nearly 42 years – guess that makes us ‘lifers’
- I have 2 children, 2 other children (husband and wife to my children) and 6 grandchildren and I am one lucky Nanny!!
Now to the best part – I get to nominate some other bloggers!!
These are all bloggers that I follow and enjoy, that have been very supportive of my efforts, who remind me of ‘fun things’ in my life, and who inspire me with their special kind of Sunshine! Thank you to each and every one of you!
Mel from Mellywood’s Mansion
VickiLorraine from Lefthanded Notions
Trudie at My Vintage Childhood
Cass from Cass Can Sew
Roslyn at Sew Delicious
I hope you will pop on over to visit all of the blogs – you won’t regret it!!
Until next time
Awwww! Thanks Nanny 🙂 Loved reading this and finding out a little bit more about you.
And isnt Pam wonderful. Shes one of my longest blogging friends 🙂 Been right there since the early days of Cass Can Sew!
Thanks Cass – that’s how I think of you!! 🙂
Thank you so much Nanny 🙂 I am absolutely thrilled that you would think of nominating me for such a lovely award. I too loved reading your seven things you have chosen to share.
You were a natural choice Vicki Lorraine – you ‘shine’!!! 🙂
Pam @Threading My Way says
Thanks for your kind words!!! Great to learn a little more about you. I always wanted to learn the piano as a child, too. Music is not my forte… I’m tone deaf… LOL!!!
LOL Pam! I tried to take lessons while pregnant but my tummy grew too big!! 🙂
Thanks so much for the lovely nomination Margie! Great choice of nominees, I’m amongst very esteemed company! Great to read all those interesting things about you too 🙂
Thanks Ros! I think you are all great choices too!! Thanks for ‘shining’! 🙂
Kat McNally says
How are you travelling? Can you believe we’re on the cusp of December?
I thought you might like to know that I am hosting Reverb again this year. It’d be a privilege to have you join us.
Everything you need to know can be found at: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/reverb13.html
We kick off on Sunday and it is going to be AMAZING. Hope to see you there!